Reconnect Earth seeks a motivated intern to assist with logistics and curriculum delivery on three backpacking trips for high school and college-age students this summer. As an intern, over the course of the season you will gradually take on greater amounts of responsibility until you are playing an essential role helping to run logistics and lead educational activities on the trips. This position is ideal for a candidate who enjoys working in the field and has a strong interest in environmental education, but who may not have much or any previous experience in a leadership role in the backcountry. In addition to gaining valuable work experience and spending time in some of the most beautiful places in the Pacific Northwest this summer, you will receive $599 stipend upon successfully completing the program. Meals on trips are provided.
About Reconnect Earth: Reconnect Earth works for a socially and ecologically just future by fostering and growing a network of empowered young leaders to sustain grassroots social movements for years to come. We seek to challenge dominant narratives in environmental education (EE), and to create a new EE paradigm that is inclusive, multicultural, and action-oriented. We see social justice and strategic political action as key to our goal of protecting the environment.
Required skills and qualifications. The successful candidate will be:
- Dependable, self-motivated, and well-organized.
- Have a strong interest in environmental and social justice issues.
- Enthusiastic about working with college and high-school-age students.
- Available to be in the field (backcountry) during two of the following dates: June 27 – July 3; July 11 – July 18; July 26 – Aug 2.
- Available for about 12 hours of training over the course of two consecutive days in June; likely these will be June 20th-21st, but there is some room for flexibility.
- Must be eighteen or older.
To apply: Please email a cover letter, resume, and two references to email@example.com
Application deadline: We will begin reviewing applications on March 1st, 2019. Applications submitted before that date will receive priority.