Reconnect Earth seeks a motivated intern to assist with logistics and curriculum delivery on up to four backpacking trips for college-age students this summer. As an intern, over the course of the season you will gradually take on greater amounts of responsibility until you are playing an essential role helping to run logistics and lead educational activities on the trips. This position is ideal for a candidate who enjoys working in the field and has a strong interest in environmental education. In addition to gaining valuable work experience and spending time in some of the most beautiful places in the Pacific Northwest this summer, you will receive a $599 travel stipend. Meals on trips are provided.
About Reconnect Earth: Reconnect Earth works for a socially and ecologically just future by fostering and growing a network of empowered young leaders to sustain grassroots social movements for years to come. We seek to challenge dominant narratives in environmental education (EE), and to create a new EE paradigm that is inclusive, multicultural, and action-oriented. We see social justice and strategic political action as key to our goal of protecting the environment.
Required skills and qualifications. The successful candidate will be:
- Dependable, self-motivated, and well-organized.
- Have a strong interest in environmental and social justice issues.
- Have an interest in environmental education and/or backcountry leadership.
- Available to be in the field (backcountry) during at least three out of these four sets of trip dates: July 5-8th, July 15-20th, August 2nd-10th, August 19th-21st.
- Available for about 8 hours of training over the course of 1-2 days in May or June; this can be done virtually and there is a lot of flexibility as to specific dates.
- Must be eighteen or older.
To apply: Please email a cover letter explaining your interest in the internship to email@example.com
Application deadline: We will begin reviewing applications on April 15th. Applications submitted before that date will receive priority.